What are class representatives?
Class Representatives are students elected by their fellow classmates to represent their class. They actively affect positive change on their course by being the advocate for their fellow classmates.
What is the programme’s purpose?
Class Representatives aim to promote constructive communication between students and lecturers, therefore, creating an opportunity for students to have their concerns heard and academic issues resolved as early as possible. In addition, Class Representatives also aim to enhance the learning experience by feeding back to lecturers what works for students.
What does the role involve?
Your role as a class representative is to, ultimately, improve the learning experience for your peers. To achieve that, you will need to:
- Attend MUSA’s training session.
- Be available and approachable to classmates.
- Cultivate good relationship with students and staff.
- Identify an issue and think through for a solution.
- And more…
What are the benefits of being a class representative?
- Take an active part in determining the direction of your own and your peers’ education.
- Improve your employability by further developing your critical thinking, communication and leadership skills.
- Become connected with the university, students and the student association.
- Attend free social events for class reps. only such as a big whooping party at the end of the year.
How do I become a class representative?
Speak with your lecturer coordinator about having a class representative in your course as soon as the semester starts. Otherwise, you are welcome to contact Uli Dias on email@example.com to help you through the process.
MUSA is committed to student representation and the enhancement of the student experience so if you have any questions, please contact Uli Dias on firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
If you are a Massey staff member looking on how to foster and encourage student representation in your class, please visit Working with Class Reps.
Class Representative Registration Form
[contact-form-7 id=”3247″ title=”Untitled”]